Dr. Farida Munawar
Practice Locations: NMC Royal Hospital, Khalifa City , Abu Dhabi
Dr. Farida Munawar graduated from Fatima Jinnah Medical College Lahore, Pakistan and obtained her DGO from PGMI, Lahore, Pakistan in 1992. MRCOG from Royal College of Obstetrician &Gynecologist London, UK.
Dr. Farida was awarded Fellowship (FRCOG) from Royal College of Obstetrician &Gynecologist London, UK.
She has 27 years of vast working experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at reputed hospitals in Pakistan & UAE.
Dr. Farida has experience for 10 years in Ministry of Health of UAE in Beda Zayed, Ghayathi, Mirfa, Silla, and Delma. She worked as Specialist in charge of labour & Delivery unit.
In 2002 she moved to Corniche Hospital & Worked there for 10 years as A specialist managing High-Risk Pregnancies, Early pregnancy Complications, Medical disorders complicating pregnancies and Infertility.
Transferred to Al Rahba Hospital in 2012.Worked there as Acting Consultant providing on-call cover for high risk & complicated cases attending the hospital.
Dr, Farida area of expertise is:
- Management of high-risk antenatal Patients, (with H/O preterm labour, Previous Cesarean Sections, Twins, Triplets Etc.)
- Management of pregnancies with medical complications like Diabetes, Hypertension, Anemia, Thyroid disorders etc.
- Management of early pregnancy complication including pregnancies of unknown location & viability, Ectopic pregnancies, Miscarriages of different types & Molar pregnancies.
- Treatment of menstrual irregularities.
- Treatment of gynecological problems like fibroids, adenomyoses & Endometrioses.
- Assessment of female infertility.
Dr Farida has always involved in quality improvement projects like development of Guidelines, doing audits etc. She is very interested in training junior staff & Paramedical staff and worked as a trainer of PROMP/ALSO.
She is fluent in Arabic, English, Urdu & Punjabi.