Dr. Sejal Ajmera Desai
Practice Locations: NMC Hospital, DIP , Dubai
Dr. Sejal Desai is specialist obstetrics and gynecologist at NMC Hospital, DIP with areas of expertise in aesthetic gynecology. Dr. Sejal has completed her MBBS and MD from LTMG Hospital, Sion Mumbai with university rank and gold medal from LTMG Hospital.
Dr. Sejal Desai has completed:
- Obstetrician & Gynecologist (MD, DNB, MICOG, DGO, FCPS, DFP)
- Fellowship in Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery (USA)
- Diploma in Endoscopy (Germany)
- Fellowship in Endoscopy (France, Singapore)
- Fellowship in IVF (Mumbai)
- Founder of Indian Academy of Vaginal Aesthetic (IAVA)
To further strengthen expertise in field of obstetrics, gynecology and aesthetic gynecology, Dr. Sejal Desai has completed following specialized trainings,
- 2001 – FOGSI training in Gynaecology Ultrasound, Mumbai
- 2001 - Basic Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopy Training, Mumbai
- 2003 – 2004 – worked in "Assisted Reproductive Centre" for 1 year in Lilavati Hospital, ART Dept, Mumbai
- 2004 – Observer in Minimal Invasive surgery (MIS) Dept, KK Hospital, Singapore
- 2005 – "Intensive Programme of Endoscopy Surgery" on Gynaecology Clermoferrand, France
- 2005 - Diploma in Endoscopic Surgery from Kiel, Germany
- 2005 – Basic Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopy training, Bombay Endoscopic Academy & Centre for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Mumbai
- 2012 – Advanced Masters Surgical and Non-Surgical Preceptorship in Aesthetic Vulvovaginal Surgery at Alinsod Institute in Los Angeles
Procedures in Aesthetic Gynecology:
- THERMIVA: It is state of the art treatment using a thermistor – regulated Radiofrequency energy emission device to Reclaim, Restore, and Revive Feminine wellness without discomfort or downtime. It is effective for complaints of urinary leakage, looser vagina, dryness & pain, orgasm issues, lack of libido, and wrinkles and ageing. It can lead to a "Vulval Lift". Usually minimum 3 sittings are required, 3-4 weeks apart, each sitting lasting for 20-30 minutes.
- Genito urinary syndrome of menopause: Menopause related symptoms can be effectively reduced by non- surgical techniques.
- Non-surgical solution for urinary leakage and incontinence
- Lichen sclerosus is a skin condition that mainly affects the genital skin (vulva) in women.
- Vaginal Tightening and rejuvenation : Sometimes over the course of a women's life factors like childbirth, ageing, weak ligament & muscles can result in urinary leakages, prolapse of organs, decrease in sexual life for both the partners, lack of orgasms, lack of interest & libido. This can be treated surgically (full length tightening & repair of orgasms), or nonsurgical by using THERMIVA.
- Labiaplasty: Labiaplasty, also known as Labioplasty or Labia Reduction, is the correction or reduction of the labia; the folds of skin surrounding the vulva. These folds may have become either lengthened or asymmetrical for a number of reasons including age and childbirth. Women with enlarged labia can often experience frictional discomfort during lovemaking and even general day activities such as wearing a sanitary towel, exercising, or even wearing tight clothes. Advances in surgery now mean that if a woman really feels that such an issue is holding her back, it is within her grasp to do something about it.
Dr Sejal Desai performs 2 types of Labiaplasty surgery:
(1) Shaping of the Labia Minora (the inner lips): The inner lips can be reduced to reduce their prominence. Labia Minora is reshaped to give the vagina a look similar to that of a newborn girl.
(2) Shaping of the Labia Majora (the outer lips): This procedure reduces the size and loose saggy skin with wrinkles of the Labia Majora by removing the excess skin that makes the Vulvar area loose and open in appearance. This also takes away the discomfort of feeling a pinching sensation or of inability to wear tight fitting clothes because of the size of the Labia Majora. This can also be achieved non-surgically by using fat, fillers or Thermiva.
7. Clitoral Hood Reduction: The clitoris is the female's most sensitive erogenous zone. The head of the clitoris is roughly the size and shape of a pea and is estimated to have more sensory nerve endings than any other part of the human body. Clitoral Hood Reduction is a procedure that removes the tissue that normally covers the clitoris. The clitoral hood can be reduced for a better look and for increased sexual pleasure.
8. G-Spot, O-Spot Enhancement: The G-Spot is reported to be a female erogenous zone located between the vaginal opening and the urethra which, when stimulated, can lead to strong sexual arousal and orgasms. G-Spot enhancement is a non-surgical treatment to amplify the G-Spot.
9. G-Peel: Usually, female have a darker and coarse skin on vulva and inner thighs. G-Peels match the tone and texture of these areas with the rest of the body. It removes the dead upper layer of skin on the vulva and the inner thighs. Dr. Sejal Desai applies a series of peels with the precise concentration to lighten and soften the skin at these areas.
10. Vaginismus: Vaginismus is the condition that affects a women's ability to engage in sexual intercourse as a result of a reflex which causes the muscles in the vagina to tense suddenly. Such patients report severe pain, difficulty or inability in penetration. Dr Sejal Desai counsels the patient to understand the cause of the condition and suggests appropriate treatment.